Sunday, June 23, 2013

A few updates.  I am too lazy to take a picture of my growing stomach every week...I decided every 5 weeks was manageable.  I have a few inbetween  weeks from events.  The weight gain seems to be sporadic but balancing itself out.  For instance from 20 weeks to 24 weeks I gained a whopping 7 lbs.  But from 24 weeks to 28 weeks I only gained 3 lbs.

25 weeks 


27 weeks on my birthday/mother's day

Chris suprised me with tickets to the Celine Dion concert in Vegas...kind of a last hooray before baby comes.  It was a ton of fun.


Here is the beginning's of the blessing dress for Chloe.  I am actually a bit further than this but haven't taken updated photos of the dress.  This is the bodice piece.  I'm learning all sorts of fancy stuff like understiching the lining of the neck hole.  Her baby blanket has yet to be started...oops.  I was working on an identical style of blanket for my friend Steph who just had a baby and haven't had time to start one for Chloe.  Think I bit off more than I could chew/sew :)


30 Weeks and a few days, officially 22lb weight gain at this point...I actually put on make-up at 10:30pm right before bed to take this picture bc I just hadn't made time all week and didn't want to miss week 30 before it was over.

Celine Dion Concert in Vegas

Brunch from Mesa Grill at Ceasar's palace in Vegas...one of Bobby Flay's restaurants!  Chris and I, (mostly Chris) is obsessed with Bobby.

Chris at Mesa Grill...Blue Corn Waffle with Blackberry Burbon Syrup and Creme Fresh!

Father's Day Master Piece,  Grilled Halibut in a Grilled Corn Curry Sauce with a Tomato Chutney on top...another Bobby Flay recipe.  Chris grilled the fish but I prepped everything else for his father's day meal.

Delicious Fruit Salad...sorry I am definitely one of those people who likes to take pictures of food.

Chris and my Bro-in-Law Matt on Father's Day.  Love nothing more than eating outside on the deck during the summer months.

So all in all I am still feeling pretty well.  I have finally taken up swimming because walking around the park makes my feet swollen and ache.  I literally had to buy the largest size speedo that Big 5 Sport's sells in stores!  Yes, I am quite the spectacle at the pool but I have been consistently been making myself swim a mile a few times a week at the pool.  

Other things people don't warn you about...hernia's of pregnancy!

Maybe two weeks ago I started having pain around my belly button, not sharp excruciating pain...just felt like a really bad bruise.  I keep thinking to myself, "What could this be?  It's like I'm bruised from the inside."  Finally I thought about it from with my nurses hat on and said hmmm...I probably have herniated my intestines through my thinning abdominal wall.  Sure enough I could palpate a distinguishable lump above my belly button and started freaking out.  I basically thought I would continue to herniate my bowel from now until I had the baby and would have to either need an emergency C-Section at the time of birth or be rushed into surgery after giving vaginal birth.  I was histerical and crying...(I'm blaming the pregnancy hormones just a bit here).  Didn't help that the on-call nurse midwife took almost 2 hours to call me back because she forgot she had silenced her pager.  

Well...turns out it's really a common thing.  The midwife said there is no way to know if it is bowel or just my muscles being pulled a part and part of my uterus pushing through...but assured me it was harmless.  Then come to find out my mom said she had one with all her babies and gave vaginal birth just fine.  My sister also had one...thanks for the heads up people! JK...pregnancy...kinda rough.

No comments: