Friday, July 19, 2013

Can Life Get Any Busier?


So 3 weeks and 2 days till my official due date.  However I'm sure baby will come late and I am fine with that.  I feel like there are so many things to do before she comes...but in all reality I guess I can still do some stuff after she is here.  To add to the unexpected Chris is going to have surgery on his thumb next week and be out of work for a while...so that adds a nice stress to things.  I have spent all morning on the phone making doctor's appointments, scheduling Chris's surgery, pre-registering at the hospital, and trying to figure out short term disability crap for Chris.  Sucky...It's 12:39 pm and I am still in my pajama's, of course I slept-in till 10 am.  Okay, need to get busy around the house so I am just going to fill the rest of this post with pictures.




Me in my 35 week glory.  27 lbs heavier than pre-pregnancy.



Our new/used patio furniture Chris got off KSL for $120.


 Baby's crib I assembled myself complete with a hand crocheted "Mimi" from my mother hanging over the crib rail.  I need to get a mattress pad before I can put sheets on her matress.  "Mimi" is the name of my crocheted baby blanket that I admittedly slept with till age 26 :) Apparently I have no shame in admitting that.


Ikea dresser that took way longer to assemble than anticipated.


 My parent's old rocking chair...pretty sure it's at least 30 years old and looks dwarfed in that corner all alone.  Hanging over the back is a hand knitted blanket from Chris's mother.  Also check out the new paint...no too crazy but new paint looks so nice.  Obviously I need to hang something on those barren walls.  We'll see if I get that far before Chloe arrives.


 Blessing dress...still needs pleats and lace added to the bottom of the skirt.  Hopefully I can finish that in the next week or so.


 Just an upclose photo of the boddice, don't look too closely at my mistakes :)  Simple cute I think.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dress is beautiful! I love simple blessing dresses, they are just so sweet. Great job! That due date is getting close - good luck!

ps - I still sleep with my baby blanket... every night. It even goes on vacation with us. :)

Annie said...

I love the eyelet lace!