In reviewing my blogging history I noted this is officially my 30th post!! Wow, that seems like of lot of nonsense I've published. Anyhow the inspiration for this post came from my aunt's new blog in which she recently posted on her OCD idiosyncrasies regarding her hygienic behavior. Another great feature is her post on the physiological under pinnings of the Japanese Body Type. I highly recommend this read to everyone!!
Any who...I thought I'd fill you in on some of my own personal idiosyncrasies...for your reading pleasure, and also because I know they will drive my aunt crazy! Personally I find this type of information fascinating...(Steve, I would thoroughly enjoy reading about your OCD behavior). Okay, here we go...
1. I floss my teeth before I brush...I think I used to be the opposite but I think it makes sense this way. I like to get the gunk out from between and then clean everything out. I don't want anything flinging off the floss into my freshly brushed mouth! Think about it...
2. I prefer to rinse with warm water when brushing my teeth. That's right, warm water. I'll admit there was a time in my life when such a thought revolted me! But out of curiosity I had to try it. Yes, there is a certain minty freshness that accompanies a cold water rinse. But there is less of a sting and no sensitivity to luke warm water! Yummy!
3. In response to Sonja's post...I don't think I have a set order when it comes to washing the face and brushing the teeth.
4. I definitely DON'T wash my hair every day. Well, sometimes I do...and I will admit I love having freshly washed hair. But it's mega booty work...and not always practical. Monday, that's a definite NO. First of all you just washed your hair on Sunday, and because it's the day of rest and it's not like it got sweaty! Depending on what you decide to do Monday that may extend to Tuesday as well. Lest you think I'm a wretched dirty mongrel by now I will inform you I still shower my body, wash my face twice a day, wear clean clothes, and wear deodorant. And I've become quite obsessed with always washing my feet in the bathtub before slipping into my sheets.
Besides, there is nothing better than being complimented on "left overs". That's what I call my hair the second and third day out. Luckily I've been blessed with non greasy hair. In fact sometimes I prefer day 2 to day 1...a little less frizzy, a little more sheen giving it that healthy glow :) Okay...I could go on...I'll refrain for now.
5. Some people in my family prefer left over dinner for breakfast...we're talking reheat a piece of lasagna or how bout some cold salmon, sushi, and soy sauce! Let me just say, this does NOT bode well with me. There are just some foods not meant for human consumption that early in the morning.
6. Cereal must be consumed as soon as milk is poured onto it.
7. Salads that have been mixed with dressing are NOT to be saved and eaten as left overs! SICK...wilted lettuce is disgusting. When ordering a salad at Cafe Rio I advise you to only pour dressing on half the lettuce or else eat all the lettuce and take the rice, beans, and meat home as left overs...or just eat the whole thing at once. (depends if you want to feel completely over indulgent and sick after you eat?) I thought of the soggy tortilla is also a little revolting but still pretty tasty when reheated.
8. The smell of left overs in the car is enough to invoke the gag reflex...(yes, I know one person who actually enjoys this smell!) This is actually a strange phenomenon...I mean the smell of food cooking over the open flame of a stove or wafting out of the oven is inviting. But opening the fridge or the car door after a dinner and a movie is just plain wrong!
9. Feet are dirty. Indeed some may say I have a phobia of feet...I would disagree. If you would like to massage or touch my feet...be my guest, I find this quite enjoyable. But PLEASE do not expect me to reciprocate! I would appreciate if you kept your nasty toes to yourself. Okay, under certain circumstances I may make exceptions...if you have just washed your feet, you appear to be free of any type of toe nail fungi and athletes foot, no bunions or corns, or open sores, I may consider touching your feet. If you are a baby or my niece or nephew I may even LOVE your tiny soft feet. If you are my brother I will NEVER touch your feet!
10. I prefer my hot apple pie, brownies, and warm cookies not to touch my ice cream. It detracts from the warmth and makes them soggy. I do however like Oreo's dipped in milk, and milk on the side of brownies and hot cookies. Root beer floats are usually better separate as well. I enjoy how the root beer crystallizes on the ice cream...but that murky root beer once the ice cream is gone!!! SICK!
Okay, this list could go on indefinitely...and I'm not sure I'm actually entertaining anyone but myself. If you have any oddities of your own, please do share!